Cabinet paper SWC-22-SUB-0190: Order in Council: Income Tax (Tax Credit) Order 2022
This information release covers the Cabinet paper and reports associated with the recent need to adjust the Family Tax Credit (FTC), Best Start Tax Credit (BSTC) and Minimum Family Tax Credit (MFTC).
|Documents in this information release
- IR2022/479 – Tax policy report: CPI indexation of Family Tax Credit/Best Start Tax Credit and adjustment of Minimum Family Tax Credit: Cabinet documents (20 October 2022) (6 pages; PDF 735 KB)
- IR2022/501 – Tax policy report: Final amounts - CPI indexation of Family Tax Credit, Best Start Tax Credit and adjustment of Minimum Family Tax Credit (10 November 2022) (3 pages; PDF 687 KB)
- SWC-22-SUB-0190 – Cabinet paper: Order in Council: Increase Working for Families Tax Credit rates (26 October 2022) (5 pages; PDF 111 KB)
- SWC-22-MIN-0190 – Minute: Order in Council: Increase Working for Families Tax Credit rates (26 October 2022) (2 pages; PDF 137 KB)
The Cabinet paper was considered by the Social Wellbeing Committee on 26 October 2022 and confirmed by Cabinet on 31 October 2021.
One attachment to the Cabinet paper is not included in this information release as it is publicly available:
- Order in Council 2022/296 - Income Tax (Tax Credit) Order 2022